2019 Gr10/11 Sunday Skills Sessions
The Villa Sunday Skills Sessions for Gr10/11 players are on again!
The club is again offering a skills session on Sunday afternoons for enthusiastic Villa Grade 10 and Grade 11 MiniRoos players.
The first session will be Sunday 2 June from 4:00-5:00 at GW3 and will continue until 1 September (excludes holidays and the Villa Carnival weekend).
The idea of these sessions is to give players an opportunity to do some extra training and in particular advance their core skills.
The sessions will be run by FFA qualified Villa coach John Thomson and assistants.
The sessions will be in addition to player’s club team training and games (which they must still attend). Also, we strongly encourage Grade 9-13 coaches to attend (and possibly assist) as it will be a good opportunity to learn new coaching skills.
Here is a summary of the sessions:
- Extra skills sessions for Grade 10/11 Villa players (who are not already in a SAP / academy program)
- For players who will train seriously and want to improve. There will be an expectation of good behaviour and willingness to learn.
- Numbers capped at 15 (first in - first served) – no selection process
- 4:00 to 5:00 pm, Sunday arvos at GW3
- 9 Sessions (2 Jun, 16 Jun, 23 Jun, 30 June, 28 Jul, 11 Aug, 18 Aug, 25 Aug, 1 Sept)
- Cost: $50 pp for the 9 weeks ($5 per session), payable by direct deposit by 1 June.