2019 Extra Referee Course
FFNC are running a Level 4 New Referees Course on Sunday 28th April.
TO FFNC MEMBER CLUBS
We provide information regarding a Level 4 New Referees Course that we are running on Sunday 28th April at the Tintenbar East Ballina Soccer Clubhouse (Cumbalum Fields – Power Drive, Cumbalum). This course has been initiated through Tintenbar East Ballina FC and we acknowledge their support to run this course at their club and the encouragement to their members to become match officials.
This course is open to members from ALL clubs and we urge everyone to promote this course and encourage their members, particularly senior players, to become a match official. Individuals do NOT need to referee every day or every week and players who become referees can certainly assist at times that fit in around their games and when they are not playing.
We also remind clubs that that Northern NSW Football have introduced a Referee Starter package in 2019, which is fully supported by Football Far North Coast.
The starter package eases the financial burden to become a match official and means that a new referee will need to pay just $135 in the FFNC zone to receive the following items and begin officiating (at least $50 of which is required to be paid prior to the course);
- Level 4 Referee Course
- Laws of the Game Book
- Professional Referee Whistle
- Assistant Referee Flag
- Black Umbro on-field Shirt
- Black Umbro on-field Shorts
- Black Umbro on-field Socks
- Set of Red and Yellow Cards
- Match Record Book and Inserts
- Full Referee Registration for 2019 with Football Far North Coast
- FFNC Match Officials Polo Shirt
This represents a saving of $150 for junior match officials (ages 13-18) and a saving of $180 for senior match officials (19+)!
So there is no better time to become a match official!
Anyone wanting to do the course should follow the links and instructions below to register for this course and complete the pre-course online Laws of the Game Certificate. There is also a list of frequently asked questions (FAQ’s) for those that are interested in attending the course and becoming a match official, which can be found here: http://footballfarnorthcoast.com.au/becoming-a-referee-faqs/
If you have ANY questions, please contact me (Luke) on 0434 856 992.
Date and Times
Sunday 28th April: 10am – approx. 4pm.
Tintenbar East Ballina Soccer Clubhouse (Cumbalum Fields – Power Drive, Cumbalum).
Cost & Inclusions
Total cost will be $135 ($100 for the starter package items + $35 for the required polo shirt). Lunch will be included as part of this total cost. At least $50 is required to be paid upfront, prior to the course, directly to FFNC by direct deposit into their bank account.
The bank account details to make payment to FFNC are;
(Use the participants NAME as the reference)
Financial Institution: Newcastle Permanent Building Society
Account Name: Football Far North Coast
Account Number: 509 829 102
BSB: 650 300
Participants should be 13 years of age or older OR turning 13 no later than the end of May this year (noting that participants CANNOT be appointed on matches until they turn 13).
- To register for this course please follow this link: https://education-ffa.sportingpulse.com/event.asp?ID=20221
- Finalise payment of the pre-course amount (at least $50), per the instructions above.
- BEFORE the day of the course ALL participants must complete the online Laws of the Game (OLTG) Certificate. To complete this, follow this link: https://www.playfootball.com.au/referee/laws-of-the-game
Participants can register for the upcoming course first, but this certificate MUST be completed BEFORE attending the course. The time required to complete the OLTG Certificate will vary based on previous knowledge and experience. Participants should allow AT LEAST one hour to complete the certificate, however it may take up to between two and three hours. All answers are provided within the learning material in the OLTG certificate.
- Participants MUST bring their printed participant workbook (provided via email prior to the course).
- Participants should bring a pen/pencil.
- Participants should wear suitable clothing for some short outdoor activities (weather permitting).