2019 Referee Course
FFNC are running a Level 4 New Referees Course on Sunday 17th February.
It will be held at the Workers Sports Club in Goonellabah (202 Oliver Avenue, Goonellabah).
Also, Northern NSW Football have introduced a Referee Starter package in 2019, which is fully supported by Football Far North Coast.
For a payment of just $100 ($50 of which is to be paid upfront prior to the course), a new referee will receive;
- Level 4 Referee Course
- Laws of the Game Book
- Professional Referee Whistle
- Assistant Referee Flag
- Black Umbro on-field Shirt
- Black Umbro on-field Shorts
- Black Umbro on-field Socks
- Set of Red and Yellow Cards
- Match Record Book and Inserts
- Full Referee Registration for 2019 with Football Far North Coast
This represents a saving of $170 for junior match officials (ages 13-18) and a saving of $200 for senior match officials (19+)!
There is no better time to become a match official and we urge all clubs to encourage their members (young and old) to assist by becoming a match official. Individuals do NOT need to referee every day or every week and players who become referees can certainly assist at times that fit in around their games and when they are not playing.
Anyone wanting to do the course should follow the links and instructions below to register for this course and complete the pre-course online Laws of the Game Certificate. There is also a list of frequently asked questions (FAQ’s) for those that are interested in attending the course and becoming a match official, which can be found here: http://footballfarnorthcoast.com.au/becoming-a-referee-faqs/
If you have ANY questions, please contact Luke on 0434 856 992.
Date and Times
Sunday 17th February: 10am – approx. 4:30pm.
Workers Sports Club in Goonellabah – 202 Oliver Avenue, Goonellabah.
Cost & Inclusions
These have been outline above. The $100 starter package amount will also include lunch at the course. $50 is required to be paid upfront, prior to the course, directly to FFNC by direct deposit into their bank account.
The bank account details to make payment to FFNC are;
(Use the participants NAME as the reference)
Financial Institution: Newcastle Permanent Building Society
Account Name: Football Far North Coast
Account Number: 509 829 102
BSB: 650 300
Participants should be 13 years of age or older OR turning 13 no later than early May 2019 (noting that participants CANNOT be appointed on matches until they turn 13).
- To register for this course please follow this link like: https://education-ffa.sportingpulse.com/event.asp?ID=19684
- Finalise payment of the $50 pre-course amount, per the instructions above.
Please ignore any instructions that say this amount is to be paid to NNSWF. THIS $50 UPFRONT PRE-COURSE AMOUNT IS TO BE PAID TO FOOTBALL FAR NORTH COAST (details above).
- BEFORE the day of the course ALL participants must complete the online Laws of the Game (OLTG) Certificate. To complete this, follow this link: https://www.playfootball.com.au/referee/laws-of-the-game
Participants can register for the upcoming course first, but this certificate MUST be completed BEFORE attending the course. The time required to complete the OLTG Certificate will vary based on previous knowledge and experience. Participants should allow AT LEAST one hour to complete the certificate, however it may take up to between two and three hours. All answers are provided within the learning material in the OLTG certificate.
- Participants MUST bring their printed participant workbook (provided via email prior to the course).
- Participants should bring a pen/pencil.
- Participants should wear suitable clothing for some short outdoor activities (weather permitting).