Gr10/11 Advanced Skills Sessions
The club is starting up advanced skills sessions on Sunday afternoons for any Villa Gr10 and Gr11 MiniRoos players.
The first session will be Sunday 27 May at 4:30-5:30 at GW3.
It has long been identified that 9-13 years is the critical age for players to learn technical football skills.
The idea of these sessions is to give players an opportunity to do some extra training and in particular advance their core skills.
The sessions will be run by FFA qualified Villa coaches Troy Taylor, John Thomson, Joel Organ and Dave Gambley and will be based on the FFA Skills Acquisition Program.
Also, we strongly encourage Gr9-13 coaches to attend (and possibly assist) as it will be a good opportunity to learn new coaching skills.
Here is a summary of the sessions:
- Extra skills sessions for Gr10/11 Villa players (who are not already in an academy)
- For players who will train seriously and want to improve
- Numbers capped at 20 (first in - first served)
- 4:30 to 5:30pm, Sunday arvos at GW3 (please arrive no later than 4:15pm)
- 9 Sessions (27 May, 3 Jun, 17 Jun, 24 Jun, 1 Jul, 29 Jul, 12 Aug, 19 Aug, 26 Aug)
- Cost: $45pp for the 9 weeks ($5 per session), payable by direct deposit by 17 June.
- First week is a free trial session